Monday 13 January 2014

Barry M #320 Foil Effects review


I bought this Barry M polish on a whim, as a result of a sudden craving to try out some foil polishes. Barry M was one of the cheapest and readily available, so despite the limited colour range and the fact that gold is not up my alley at all, I picked #320 Foil Effects.

What I really like about this polish is the cool tone of gold, which leans almost silver and matches my pink complexion surprisingly well.

The polish was very opaque and I hardly needed to apply more than one coat, but unfortunately the result was nowhere near the foil finish I wanted. By foil finish I understand something that looks like tin kitchen foil, shiny side up, while what I got here was exactly the opposite. This polish has a metallic look, but matte finish, just like the reverse side of tin foil. Topped with Seche Vite it achieves superficial shine, but still there's mothing mirror-like about the polish.

The polish applies fairly evenly, the second coat was needed more to eliminate streaks rather than to build up colour. It also wore for four or five days solid without chipping or wearing out.

Generally it's a good quality, affordable nail polish, it's just not what I wanted.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment