Sunday 16 February 2014

Benefit Gimme Brow in light/medium review


        Making a brow gel that works seems to be the simplest thing. About 4 non-orange shades to choose from, waterproof formula and the right shape of the applicator and a bestseller is guaranteed, yet, somehow no one managed to do it right before Benefit Gimme Brow appeared on the market.

While the colour range and formula of similar products by other brands is usually fully satisfactory, the brushes are usually the standard size mascara applicators, which might do the trick for thick, full brows, but were way too imprecise for my barely existent brows.

I'm sure Benefit orders their packaging from the same contractor as Clinique do for their bottom lash mascara, they're just identical, the only difference being another colour and logo. 
The product comes in a timy tube with  an even tinier applicator, which makes it possible to brush through my sparse brows without staining my skin underneath, which I hate, or looking splotchy or unnatural.

Due to the formula my brows stay in place all day. The colour doesn't smudge or fade.

One substantial drawback is that shade range is limited to two: light/medium and medium/deep. I obviously picked the light/medium one, and it looks all right, but I feel a lighter shade would work better for me in everyday situations. But I like the shade, which is a rather cool-toned taupe brown that matches my complexion well.    

The second disadvantage is connected with such tiny packaging. 3.0g is the amount of product you get in mascara samples, which means that if I continue to use this product on daily basis, I'll need to repurchase soon.



 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment