Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer review

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer

I'm not a primer person, I've tried a number of them, but I was never able to find anything that would have long-term mattifying, skin-enhancing or foundation wear-time prolonging results that would satisfy me.

Most primers have either too much of silicony slip or no slip at all due to their superdrying properites. 

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer is completely different.
This primer comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump.The product itself is peachy pink tinted, but this colour doesn't transfer onto the skin at all. When applied, Happy Light primer feels watery on the skin. It absorbs super fast, dries to a powdery finish that feels very comfortable on the skin. No weird itchy feeling of silicone, no tight skin. The skin feels very soft and velvety. 
What I absolutely adore about this primer is that it makes it possible for me to wear foundations that aren't exactly meant for oily skin types and which without a primer look too dewy on my from the very first moment and things only get worse later on. I mean here Nars Sheer Glow or YSL Youth Liberator to name but a few. Combined with this primer such  foundations look beautiful on my skin. The primer does not adversely affect the application or blendability but it makes foundations look better on my skin and doesn't make my oilies erupt like lava during the day.  

I really love this product and a backup is already waiting in the drawer, but my review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the drawbacks of the product.

The manufacturer claims this product minimises pores. Well, I must say my silicone-based primers do a much better job here. I'm sure Happy Light does even out the skin surface a bit, but it's nothing to write home about. 

I've noticed that then I apply cream products (especially Illamasqua pigment in Hollow) on top of my primer and foundation, these tend to ball up. This doesn't happen each time, so I haven't been able to work out what exactly triggers the reaction, but it occurs frequently enough to associate it with the primer.

And finally, the bottle contains 15ml of product, and after playing around with the primer for less than a month, not daily, I've used up a third of the bottle. Luckily, this is a drugstore product and frequent repurchases are quite affordable.

The Happy Light line is unavailable in Poland so I purchased my primer from asos.com



  Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment