Thursday 6 February 2014

Flormar Terracota Blush-on #41 review & swatches


Encouraged by my super positive experience with Flormar nail polishes, I decided to explore the brand further and picked two face products from their Terracota line and today's review is going to be about Terracota Blush-On #41. 


Flormar Terracota products look very similar to MAC skinfinishes. They are exactly the same size, the packaging is made of the same matte plactic, the only difference being that the lid is not convex and only half of it is made of clear plastic, while the other half hides a small mirror.

The powder itself looks exactly the same as one of the countless limited edition Mineralize Skinfinishes the name of which no one seems to remember. It's the same dome-shaped kind of baked powder with veins running through it. 


The powder itself is a gorgeous highlighter or finishing powder that bridges the gap between matte and metallic finishes. 
Shade #41 is a light peachy pink. It's very sheer, so it definitely cannot be used as a blush. Any attempts to build it up may result in accentuating pores and making your face look like a disco ball, while still not achieving the pigmentation desired.
The texture is not powdery soft, but it's not hard either. The brush picks just the right amount of product without the risk of using too much of this shimmery powder.
I use this highlighter on high points of my cheeks and it offers the most beautiful glow that looks good on all sorts of occassions. It's not shimmery or glittery, the sheen it offers never looks over the top. 
I think people with dry skin could get away with using this powder all over to add glow to dull complexion.

I love this powder dearly. Since I got it, the powder never made its way to the make-up drawer. It lies in wait on my dressing table and I reach for it every day. 
This was not the cheapest drugstore purchase I've ever made, but it cost about a third of MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes, which still makes it good value for money. 


 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Milani's blush in Luminoso? Which do u think is better, Flormar's or Milani's blush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although the texture seems similar, they are very different. Flormar is very sheer and is closer to MAC MSFs, Luminoso is way more pigmented. The shade is also different. Flormar is peachy pink and Milani is a much warmer, orangey peach. Milani is definitely better to be used as a blush.

      Delete