Tuesday 25 February 2014

Giorgio Armani Si EDP review


My attitude to Giorgio Armani Si EDP is quite ambiguous.
I love its simple, classy bottle with the black cap. 
I love how it smells towards the end of the day.
I love how strong and everlasting this is. 

But on the other hand, its opening notes are sickeningly sweet. The cassis does help a little, but still the scent is dominated by strong vanilla notes that make it smell like cotton candy. Fortunately there's woody and chypre base to it as well to give the scent a bit of sharpness.

This perfume is adverised as a modern scent for a modern woman. I couldn't disagree more. It screams '90s to me. After 20 years in oblivion chypre notes seem to storm the market pretending to be something new. Nonetheless, I associate this scent with a decisive, powerful, independant woman. It's very classy and chic. 

I've been reaching for this perfume a lot this winter, it's so cosy and warm, but come spring I'll definitely swap it for something lighter and more floral.  


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment