Wednesday 12 February 2014

Zoeva #101 Luxe Face Definer brush review


Today I'd like to show you one of my favourite brushes from Zoeva brush range.  
#101 Luxe Face Definer is a fairly large and fluffy brush made of natural bristles, which I suppose are bleached goat hair.
Its short and fat handle bears the company logo and the number and designation of the brush.
Like all Zoeva brushes, #101 is made of high quality materials and skilfully crafted so any quality related issues are out of the question here.


Due to the combination of its tapered shape and loosely packed natural bristles makes it a unique brush on the market and also means that this brush can be used for a wide variety of purposes.

First of all, it makes a lovely brush for sweeping a setting powder very lightly around the face. If I don't wan't to build and coverage or disturb my base make-up, just dust my face with a mattifying or finishing powder, this is the brush I reach for. Powder particles do cling to this brush nicely, but the loose and fluffy bristles never let me go over the board with powders.

Secondly, it makes a perfect contour and blush brush. It's tapered end makes it possible to apply bronzer right in the hollows of my face, never picking too much product, allowing me to adjust the level of contour I want to achieve. Then, when you use this brush in circular motion, it does blending job perfectly well.
I like to use this brush for pigmented blushes as well an it allows for controlled application of these. Just pat, pat, pat slightly and then blend.


I have a number of tapered contour brushes in my collection, yet none of them is close enough to be called a dupe of Zoeva #101. This brush seems pretty unique to me and I love it dearly as I can add all the finishing touches using one brush.  


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment