Saturday 22 February 2014

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush review & comparisons

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

Here comes a review of yet another purchase of mine from Zoeva, their #122 Petit Stippling brush. More and more such brushes are appearing on the market, but for the time being they're still relatively rare, so when I was selecting the brushes to choose from their offer, Petit Stippling immediately attracted my attention.

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

The stippling brush is made of black and white synthetic bristles of almost the same length (the white ones are not more than 2mm longer than the black ones). The black bristles are softer, thinner and fluffier, while the white ones are sturdier. They are soft to touch but quite densely packed so when blending they remain pretty much upright, they don't tend to give in when you apply pressure to them. I'm not entirely sure if this is a classic stippling brush. It like a cross between a flat top and a stippling brush to me. 

The handle is short and fat, made of wood, varnished black with the company logo, slogan and name of the brush embossed on it in silver letters.

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

I bought this brush entirely to use with my cream blushes and I haven't put it to any other purposes so far. As far as applying and blending cream blushes is concerned, this brush does its job amazingly well. Its bristles pick the right amount of product, cream products seem to adhere to synthetic fibres better.
The size of the brush matches my cheek size well, I first dab the product onto my cheeks in stippling motions and then blend the blush in circles without the need to squeeze the brush to make it smaller to target the apples of my cheeks for example. 

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

And now on to a couple of comparisons.

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

In the picture above you can see the difference in size between a regular stippling brush (ELF Stipple Brush) and the Zoeva Petit. The Zoeva's bristles are much shorter and less fanned out. There's also much less difference between the length of the bristles.

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

And here it is compared to the Sephora Stippling brush #113. The Septhora one has a fancy handle, very much in the vein of Real Techniques brushes, but it's way too long for personal use, especially when using a hand mirror.  The Sephora bristles are clearly made of different fibres, with the white ones being straight, stiff and prickly and  the black ones being soft and rugged. In case of the Sephora brush the black bristles play only an aesthetic role as the white ones are so stiff that they do not need any support of the black ones. The difference in length between the bridtles is almost 1cm, which means the black ones never touch the product or your face. So if you're wondering which one to pick, the answer is clear, get the Zoeva one, it also costs a third of the Sephora brush.

Zoeva #122 Petit Stippling Brush

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment