Thursday 13 March 2014

Flormar Duo 2x Nail Enamel #DC07 review


After a couple of surprisingly high quality purchases from Flormar there came the time for severe disappointment. 

It goes without saying that I love the shade. I wouldn't have picked it otherwise, would I?
Although it says 'duochrome' I don't see much of duochrome here. But the shade tends to look different in different light and it's very hard to photograph. In the picture above it looks like a very cool-toned cobalt, while in reality it displays much warmer, purple undertones, expecially in artificial light. I really love the shade as it's bold and bright and quite unique.

Unfortunately the formula is crap. It's very sheer and runny. You need at least 4 coats for the nails to look decent. Four coats of watery substance take ages to dry, even with a fast-drying coat on top. After a long time of waiting for my nails to dry, eg, watching an episode of my favourite TV series, I return to my chores and my nails get chipped, smudged and bear all signs of being a mother and a wife. Not elegant at all. 

In spite of the lovely shade, I don't think I'll be reaching for this polish often.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment