Thursday 20 March 2014

NYX Color Mascara in blue review & pics


Each spring/summer I crave for a blue mascara so when I saw this new NYX Color Mascara I immediately wanted to give it a go.

I immediately fell in love with its vibrant cobalt blue shade, but unfortunately there's nothing revolutionary or fanciful about this product apart from its colour.

The mascara comes in a simple, bright blue packaging that reflects the thade inside perfectly well. The wand is the traditional spoolie that we've been using for decades. Its average size makes it easy to reach both bottom and upper lashes and distributes the product evenly, without massive clumping.

The formula is on the wet side and tends to transfer before it dries.


The shade is just as I wanted it to be, but generally the mascara is of rather poor quality. 
To achieve the definition and vibrancy that you can see in the picture below I applied more than 5 coats. With one coat the mascara barely shows at all. 
It's also nothing-proof or resistant, which means it smudges upon any contact with water or my undereye concealer and gives me sickly-looking blue panda eyes.It's easy to remove, though.

It's a good budget buy if you want to experiment with the shade that seems so 'in' this season, but if you're looking for a good quality mascara that won't fail you, give this one a miss.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment