Wednesday 9 April 2014

Dior Diorskin Nude Tan Matte nude extra matte sun powder #002 Matte Amber review & swatches

Diorskin Nude Tan Matte sun powder in #002 Matte Amber

The coming of spring means increased interest in healthy-looking, glowing skin for me. While in winter I tend to reach for very pale bronzers, if any, in spring I start longing for some more daring options that help me fake a bit of tan which I don't naturally have. 

Diorskin Nude Tan Matte sun powder in #002 Matte Amber

Diorskin Nude Tan Matte is the kind of powder that serves my purpose really well.  
When it arrived the first thing I noticed, apart from its fancy packaging, kabuki brush attached, beautiful shining silver compact,the embossing, was a shocking bright orangey colour. The shade I picked was supposed to be the lighter and more cool toned of the two available!
The first application was a fail. I swirled the kabuki brush around the powder and slapped the product onto my face and ended up with orange cheeks and forehead. Aaaaagh, I shouted. So I washed my face and started again. The second time I just dabbed the powder, shook the excess off the brush and, as instructed by Dior, I glided the brush in the shape of the number 3 very lightly, blending the product out in small circular movements. The powder melted into my skin, giving it the most beautiful sunkissed look. The tan shade is warm and healthy, but nothing near orange. 
Diorskin Nude Tan Matte sun powder in #002 Matte Amber
Diorskin Nude Tan Matte is a gorgeous overall bronzer for spring/summer season. In the dead of winter it would be way too dark and inappropriate on my fair complexion.
It's matte, so it performs perfectly on oily skin like mine, it's got a velvety finish and doesn't add any extra glow on sweaty days. It makes my skin look naturally fresh and tanned, but I must remember to use it in moderation, otherwise the results may be catastrophic.
But you need to remember that this is not a contour powder. When you apply it in '3s' you obviously give your face a bit of dimension, but it turns orange if you try to draw a contour line down the hollows of your cheeks.
The kabuki brush does a really goods job blending the bronzer with your skin and applying it where needed. 

So, if you're looking for a good bronzer for the coming summer season, this is definitely a good choice.  
Diorskin Nude Tan Matte sun powder in #002 Matte Amber

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment