Saturday 5 April 2014

Eve Lom Rescue Mask review



I seem to have a kind of love and hate relationship with Eve Lom. I would describe my feelings towards Eve Lom Rescue Mask as lukewarm.

The mask is a gray substance that is very grainy, it looks like the vegetal ingredients aren't finely milled. This might mean that the mask has exfoliating properies, however, these are very mild and I don't feel the particles on my skin when I remove the mask.

The first thing you'll notice when applying this mask is a very strong scent of camphor, which is one of the ingredients of the products and which I usually fear to use on my face, especially near my eyes, since it tends to irritate my eyes and throat similarly to menthol. Fortunately, I didn't experience any of this.

You need to leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes in which time it dries to a crust, the way clay masks do, that fortunately isn't difficult to remove. It makes my skin look nice and fresh afterwards.

According to the information I found on the manufacturer's website, the mask is described as a weekly treatment for stressed skin and a saviour for skin that is jet-lagged, breaking out or puffy. I must say that although this mask seems nice, I don't feel it does anything extraordinary to my skin. Due to hormonal changes, my skin has been breaking out really badly recently and using the mask regularly didn't lead to any improvement in my skin condition in terms of preventing new break outs or eliminating the old ones. 

I also noticed some contradictory advice on how to apply the mask. Expert tip says that I can dillute this mask with water and apply it under my eyes to reduce puffiness in the area while in the 'how to apply' section it clearly says that we should avoid applying it in the eye area. I'm actually inclined to believe the latter, due to the grainy consistency (particles might get in the eyes and cause irritation) and the content of camphor which I fear might cause strong irritation. 

I got this mask as a part of a set so I didn't choose it to target any particular skin concerns, therefore I didn't have any expectations towards it. And in this case I believe it's a nice mask which I will use up pretty quickly because I like the way it works on my skin. But if I were to juxtapose claims versus results I would find this mask rather disappointing. I've tried a number of other clay masks like the ones by The Body Shop or Omrowicza which did their jobs much better and didn't exude these camphor vapours all around my face.


 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment