Thursday 10 April 2014

Lancome Miracle Air de Teint foundation review & swatches & dupes





I hereby declare myself a foundation maniac. I just can't resist getting a new one as long as they match my skin type and promise to keep my oilies under control. I got a 20% off coupon from Sephora, which made it even more irresistible. And although I have so many other foundations, I can't say I regret my purchase as this product is very different from almost all foundations that I have, except one.


The new Lancome Miracle Air de Teint foundation comes in a bottle that is equipped with a dripper instead of a pump and this is actually the only disadvantage of the product. I do understand what the manufacturer had in mind when inventing this packaging. The consistency of this foundation is extremely runny, I could compare it to olive oil one, so apart from making this product look more scientific, it should theoretically make application easier. But what happens in practice is that the product is so liquidy that it starts dripping even before you squeeze it. Applying it onto your face straight from the dripper is impossible, so I make a drop on the back of my hand or on the brush and while I'm trying to put the dripper back, the product runs down my hand or brush. I also attempted to apply it with my fingers, but my foundation was all over the place and messed the bottle and especially the rubber end of the applicator horribly.


Having expressed my dissatisfaction with the packging, I am now ready to start raving about this product. First of all it needs to be said that this is not a product for everyone. If you suffer from acne, redness, scarring, major discolouration, this is not a product for you. But if your skin is in a relatively good condition, no matter whether oily or dry and you don't like to feel that you're wearing foundation, this might become your holy grail.
This foundation has very runny consistency and applies like lotion. It instantly feels very smooth on the skin, but takes a while to blend as initially it tends to look streaky, but once it starts drying it sets really nicely and offers a kind of demi-matte finish that would look good on all skin types. This foundation is so smooth and moisturising that it doesn't accentuate any dry patches, but it also helps to control sebum production on oily skin. This foundation tends to settle in my pores, so a primer is a must.
As I have said Miracle Air de Teint is has low to medium coverage, but it beautifies my skin instantly and blurrs all imperfections while still looking most natural and skin-like. I've also noticed that paired with Urban Decay Naked Skin powder it looks immaculate.


Now, as I've said, this foundation differs from all foundations in my possession, with one exception. Armani Maestro foundation is exactly the same. These two are perfect dupes. Only the scent is different. I applied them both one on one cheek and the other on another one and the application, the coverage and the finish were exactly the same. The only difference I noticed was that Maestro was slightly better at keeping my oilies at bay.  But if you've been wondering whether to get Armani Maestro, you might just as well save a couple of bucks and get Lancome Miracle Air de Teint. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment