Thursday 17 April 2014

Maybelline Color Elixirs in #020 Signature Scarlet, #030 Raspberry Rhapsody, #065 Caramel Infused. Review, swatches and dupes!!!


Maybelline Color Elixirs have stormed the Internet and received countless raving reviews that have made me believe they're something so extraordinary that I need them in my stash. And I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

I do admit the packaging is to die for. It's made of very classy transprarent plastic through which you can see the actual shade of the product shaped like a lipstick bullet. The idea has recently been duped by Dior!
The slightly bent fluffy applicator picks the right amount of product and distributes it nicely on the lips.
The glosses are nicely pigmented, but they're nowhere near liquid lipsticks.  And here's the problem, everything is nice and decent about these little beauties, but they're just glosses!
They last for just about two hours at most, they're slightly sticky and semi transparent.
They're really lovely, but such formulas have been on the market for years and I see nothing revolutionary about them. And there's this weird scent to them that lingers of for way too long.
Don't get me wrong, I really like these, but sometimes when you expect some big bang and it doesn't happen you have every right to feel dissatisfied.  

The shades that I picked are: #020 Signature Scarlet, #030 Raspberry Rhapsody, #065 Caramel Infused.   


Signature Scarlet is a bold red that would suit all kinds of complexions. It seems to me it can lean more cool or warm depending on the complexion of a wearer. It's almost opaque and looks pretty and glossy on my lips.


Raspberry Rhapsody is much sheerer. It's a purply raspberry shade that may be also treated as an attempt to embrace the Pantone colour of the year -  Radiant Orchid. It's a perfect cool-toned go-to lip colour for the summer season.


I got Caramel Infused because I suddenly fancied a neutral beige nude, but somehow this supposedly caramel shade turned out to have strong mauve undertones. It's pretty, but not quite what I wanted.


When I swatched Signature Scarlet the shade seemed strangely familiar. I rummaged through my stash and produced a perfect dupe! It's MAC Lipglass in Russian Red!


Apart from the fact that the MAC packaging looks cheap compared to the Maybelline one, the applicator is slightly different and MAC is at least twice more expensive, I couldn't detect any differences as far as the actual product was concerned!



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment