Tuesday 1 April 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in #103 True Ivory review




I bought this foundation on a whim as I certainly don't need any more foundations and I still remember my bad experience with my Rimmel BB cream. However, anything that promises me to stay matte attracts my attention and since the product was incredibly affordable I decided to give it a go. And I'm glad I did cause it's a great foundation for those of us with oily skin no matter whether on a budget or not.

The foundation comes in a small tube which looks like it contains far less product than other foundations I use, but in fact this is an optical illusion. This is not the most glamorous packaging of all, but it's girly, travel friendly and most appropriate, given the consistency of the product.


Speaking of consistency, this is the thickest foundation I currently own. I think it's similar to that of whipped foundations, sold in jars, or even thicker, verging on cream textures. In spite of this thick consistency the foundation aplies smoothly and gives a lot of time to blend. To my surprise, this turned out to be a full-coverage product that covers all blemishes and redness without making my face look like a mask and clogging the pores. I'm not sure if it can be buildable, but I cannot see any need to add more product as a small, pea-sized blob is more than enough to cover my entire face.

The foundation dries to a powdery matte finish that doesn't look ageing. However, I would strongly discourage anyone with normal to dry skin from using it. I won't lie, my face doesn't stay matte all day, but when my oilies break through, it still looks decent, I would say it looks glowy, but never turns my face into oilslick. And it lasts pretty much all day.

My shade is #103 True Ivory, which is pure beige with no cool or warm undertones. It suits my NW15 skin tone perfectly well. When I tan a bit in the summer I'll need a slightly darker shade. 

Rimmel Stay Mate certainly lacks the flamboyance and of high-end products, but it's cheap and effective. It's one of the best high-coverage, mattifying foundations I've used.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment