Monday 12 May 2014

Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte eyeshadows in Mirage #761 and Nocturne #019 review & swatches



I'm a great fan of hybrid eyeshadows and the ones by Dior are one of the best examples of this type of product. They offer the creamines and the ease of application of cream products combined with staying power and satin finish of powder eyeshadows. 
When Dior released Fusion Mono Mattes I knew I needed to grab a couple of these. As I've said I like the forrmula of Dior Fusions and above all matte hybrid eyeshadows are a rare find.


The first one is called Mirage (#761) and it's a gorgeous greige shade. I've seen some reviewers describe it as cocoa, but I see nothing chocolatey about the shade. It's a bit taupeish, I could even call it a cool-toned grayish taupe, but as brown as cocoa it certainly is not.
It applies so heavenly well. I usually use my finger or a synthetic brush. It may be sheer or built for intensity. It may be used alone or as a base for other shadows or with something darker in the outer corner. 
I love what it looks like paired with a cobalt liner for a pop of colour.


The second pick from this collection is shede #019 Nocturne.


Nocturne is a strange member of the collection as this is not matte at all. I can sort of understand what Dior had in mind calling it matte as this is a satin matte eyeshadow with silver micro glitter. All together they make a gorgeous eyeshadow, but if you're looking for a flat matte, you might be disapppointed. 
In my pictures the eyeshadow looks blue, but, although it is a cool-toned black, blue it definitely is not. 


The shimmer is not very much pronounced, which makes this eyeshadow wearable on all occassions. I like using it on its own for a smokey look and together with Mirage to intensify the look.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment