Sunday 18 May 2014

Korean goodies: Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture review





 Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil is the second product from the line I've tried so far. The cleansing balm reviewed here would have been perfect if it hadn't contained mineral oil. So the first thing I did upon the arrival of my new cleansing oil was to check the list of ingredients. No mineral oil was to be found, but there was a long list of scientifically-sounding chemicals that might actually be even worse. Nevertheless I did give it a go and I've been using it for over a month now so I feel ready to write this review. 


The oil comes in a simple plastic bottle equipped with a pump that distributes the right amount of product. For those unfamiliar with cleansing oils I'll say that you need one or two pumps of this, massage your face, including the eye area, and then remove the oil from your face with cleansing tissues or simply rinse with water. I prefer the second option as at this point the oil turns milky and non-greasy, leaving my face cleansed, soft and and moisturised. The Real Art Cleansing Oil does away with my face and eye make-up perfectly well with a notable exception of waterproof mascara which wouldn't budge but the use of oil helps break down my mascara and preps it for any other eye make-up remover. The good thing is that it doesn't sting or make my vision go cloudy.
  
I have oily skin and always fear using oils may cause break outs that's why I double cleanse most of the time, however, I haven't noticed any problems on days when I'm too lazy to do so. 

The cleanser has a strong citrusy scent, which I'm getting used to but I'm not a great fan of.



Overall I really like this product. I like how nice and smooth it makes my skin feel and how efficiently it does away with make up. I also appreciate the simple, yet convenient packaging.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment