Thursday 29 May 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche nailpolish in Fluo Azur #831 review





I bought L'Oreal Color Riche nail polish in Fluo Azur #831  with one aim in mind, to use it for a statement nail much in the vein of the new Dior Transat collection. I'd had a number of blue nail polishes, but none of them was bright enough, so I went on a drugstore hunt where Fluo Azur seemed the closest to what I was looking for.

In terms of shade this bright cobalt blue turned out to be a hit, but everything else about the polish is a major disappointment. 
First of all the quality of this polish is horrible. It's sheer, streaky and uneven. What you see in the picture below is 5(!!!) coats and still the colour isn't fully opaque. As a consequence of this, can you imagine how long it takes to dry 5 coats of nail polish? The answer is forever. 
The polish surprised me by its matte finish, although there was no mention of that on the packaging. I might have actually enjoyed a matte polish, even though this was not what I wanted, but I had to cover it with a fast drying top coat (Seche Vite) as the polish simply refused to dry and that's why it looks glossy in the picture below.
     As far as performance is concerned, five coats plus a base and a top one never last long. not only did it chip, but also dents appeared it it while still not fully dry.

I generally like the packaging, the price and the 5ml size and it's a pity the quality of the polish is so poor. I'm definitely not going to reach for it very often. 





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment