Friday 23 May 2014

Revlon Parfumerie nail polish Moonlight Woods and Orange Blossom review & swatches


I thought I'd owned all nail polishes I needed and didn't feel like getting any new ones until, out of sheer curiosity, I tried the Revlon scented polishes and a new obsession was born. So far I've collected quite a few and have been disappointed only once. 
What I absolutely adore about these is the bottle that looks more like a minature of a perfume than a nail polish. The brushes, however, are on the narrow side, which most brands are stepping away from for the convenience of application.
When  I heard that these polishes were scented, I thought this notion referred to how the polishes smelled when applied, while the perfumed scent fully comes to play once the polish is dry and lingers on for one and more days, depending on the polish. 


My very first picks were Moonlit Woods and Orange Blossom.
I picked Moonlit Woods as I thought it was beautiful and totally unique in my collection. In the bottle it seened to be a silvery blue shade with the most unusual satin finish. Unfortunately, upon application it turned out to be a metallic shade that I couldn't master. The polish was pretty opaque, but no matter how many coats I applied I couldn't get rid of the horrible streaks each brush stroke left. I think the polish looked gorgeous from a couple of meters' distance, but the streaks kept bugging me each time I looked at it.
I'm not sure if I use this polish ever again.

Orange Blossom, on the other hand, is a shade I'm totally in love with. It's a bright orange that seemed very uneven in the beginning, but levelled itself out quite miraculously with the second coat. Coated with Seche Vite the poliush remained vivid and glossy and chip-free for a week or more. This has made one of my favourite spring polishes ever!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment