Saturday 3 May 2014

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot powder review


Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot is an amazing powder to keep in your handbag and use for touch-ups as you go.
Like all other Soap & Glory  products it comes in a simple and low-budget, yet stunningly cute packaging.
The powder comes in a black, plastic compact with vintage print and design that is handy and sleek enough to carry in your make-up bag.


More surprises await inside. The compact is equipped with a large mirror and the powder itself carries cute embossing. There's even a small puff or sponge that I didn't find handy enough and tossed it away instantly.
The translucent powder comes in a very pale beige shade and acts wonderfully as a blotting powder. It mattifies the complexion without creating product build-up. It's completely transparent and doesn't interfere with your other make-up shades. I'm pale, so it works just fine for me, but I'm not entirely sure what this would look like on deeper skin tones.
I always carry this powder in my handbag for touch-ups on the go. I dust it all over my face with my retractable powder brush from Sephora and the combo works perferctly together. The Soap & Glory powder seems to me quite densely pressed and this brush picks just the right amount of product  without effort and without sending clouds in all directions. 


I have oily skin that needs powdering or blotting every hour or so and this powder does not eliminate the need to control shine, but it removes shine without piling tons of product. It never looks nor feels cakey or heavy on my skin and can be used a number of times during the day. 
I'd never used a typical blotting powder before this one and I mudt say I'm sold to the idea and this particular product as well.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment