Thursday 5 June 2014

Benefit blush in Dandelion review & swatches




I'd been tempted to get a Benefit boxed blush in Dandelion ever since I became obsessed with make-up, but mixed reviews, ranging from enthusiastic ones to those saying the product barely shows on the skin. Although I'm a big fan of Benefit, I kept putting off the purchase, giving way to newer products until I recently saw samples sold on ebay, giving me an excellent opportunity to try the blush out without having to splurge.



My sample is small and obviously lacks the fancy packaging, but it looks quite pretty with its name embossed on the blush itself and it does smell gorgeous. I've been playing around with this sample for a couple of weeks without hitting the pan so I consider it a good investment.


Dandelion itself doesn't disappoint. I have fair complexion and it shows perfectly fine on my skin. I appreciate the fact that it isn't insanely pigmented which makes it so much easier to use. Just slap on the face without the need to choose the right tools, tapping excess off, stippling carefully etc. 
It doesn't look like much in the swatch below, but it's a perfect go to shade that is so natural on the skin, yet perks the complexion up so nicely.  The shade is light dusty pastel pink with matte finish that looks satin on the skin. I imagine this shade may look ashy on deeper or olive skin tones. The powder is soft and finely milled, blends in effortlessly and smells incredible.

This blush is amazing, but I don't think I'll ever purchase a full-size version of it simply because having so many blushes I don't see myself using up even this tiny sample. Nonetheless, it's perfect.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment