Tuesday 3 June 2014

Benefit They're Real mascara review



Instead of satisfying my curiosity about one Benefit goodie I ordered from e-bay a bunch of samples of products I'd always wanted to try but never got in full size. One of them is They're Real mascara.

The packaging is nice, but nothing revolutionary either. I quite like the applicator with its rubber bristles running along the wand and also around the tip, even though it feels very prickly. It's not too fat and its shape makes it possible to reach all lashes, even the bottom ones or those in the inner corner. You can also use the tip to add definition to individual lashes.
The formula is neither too runny nor too dry. The mascara glides on my lashes nicely, though a single coat doesn't give any lifechanging results. Luckily the mascara is buildable and with 3-4 coats I can get the volume and definition I like, even if slightly clumpy, I don't mind. 
What I do mind, however, is that this mascara smudges badly under my eyes, which is kind of weird as, although it's not marketed as waterproof, it acts like one. Splashed with water, it doesn't budge, treated with oil cleanser, it still clings onto the lashes madly and needs to be wiped off with some eye make-up remover. 

  I think I would consider buying it full size as I really like the volume it gives if I weren't in love with L'Oreal False Lash Wings aka Butterfly waterproof mascara which is cheaper, doesn't smudge and is easier to take off.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment