Tuesday 24 June 2014

Bourjois 1 Seconde gel nailpolish in Blue no Blues #26 and Perle Illusion review & swatches



My hubby bought me mint shoes. There's nothing in my wardrobe that could possibly match mint shoes so I thought a mint green nail polish would be the easiest way to restyle my look and make my shoes look less random. I went on a polish hunt and immediately grabbed Bourjois 1 Seconde gel nailpolish in Blue no blues #26, which is not quite as minty as it was supposed to be, but to be honest I treated my mint hunt as a pretext to get some more of these polishes as I believe them to be the best on the market currently and I just cannot resist the urge to have them all. That is why shade #20 Perle Illusion returned home with me as well. 


The reason why I'm obsessed with these polishes is they deliver what the manufacturer promises and look incredible on the nails. They come from the Bourjois 1 Seconde line which is all about 1 stroke - 1 second concept, which is obviously to be treated metaphorically as no one is able to coat an entire nail or all lashes in one stroke, but what the manufacturer means is that one coat is enough to get the job done and this is absolutely true.  
What's more the polishes are the so-called gel effect ones, which means they are incredibly shiny, they last long on the nails without chipping and the drying takes no more than a minute (I can't say much about that as I use fast drying top coat anyway).


Blue no blues is not exactly a mint shade. It's much brighter than that, it's a saturated pastel minty blue shade.
This kind of shades are usually difficult to work with, but this one performs amazingly. One coat was madly opaque, it levelled itself out, giving streak-free colour with shiny finish. This polish wore beautifully for a couple of days, showing no signs of wear. I removed it only because I wanted something other on my nails. This freezing cool shade made my pale hands look tanned. It looks gorgeous on my toes.

Blue no blues is a crazy shade that isn't exactly my taste, but the polish is such a lovely quality and the application is so effortless that I'm sure I'll be reaching for it quite often. 


#20 Perle Illusion could pass as a one-coater, yet I chose to apply two thin layers this time. Two coats gave wonderful, even, streak and bold patch free look with shiny finish.
The polish dried to touch very quickly, yet I treated it with my Essie Good to Go top coat just in case.
The shade is this quite peculiar cool-toned old gold or champagne that suits my pink complexion pretty well. This polish is shimmery, almost to the point of looking quite metallic.
I really like this polish. I'm going to wear it a lot on more formal occassions or in autumn.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. After your review I feel like I must also own a couple of these!
    CrazyBeautyLand

    ReplyDelete