Sunday 22 June 2014

Guerlain Les Voilettes translucent compact powder review & swatches



I've been a fan of Guerlain face products since times immemorial. I remember their powder foundation as one of the first high-end products I bought and I enjoyed it greatly. I still love their foundations, BB creams and powders so when I'd run out of my make-up bag powder compact and needed a replacement I instantly thought about Guerlain. 


I picked Guerlain Les Voilettes for a number of reasons. My brand loyalty is the first, but also the product seemed to fulfill all my needs. It was supposed to be a translucent mattifying compact powder. It comes in gorgeous sleek packaging that is not only spectacular but also fits in my make-up well without being too heavy or occupying too much space. It's also got this gorgeous tulle embossing and has a strong scent of violets that is consistent with all Guerlain face products and which I love so much and which is one of the main reasons why I reach for Guerlain ever so often.


However, I must sadly say that Les Voilettes compact powder is a bit of disappointment for me.
I have oily skin and no matter what cream, primer, foundation or powder I use, my face gets oily within approximately two hours. So the obvious reason why I need a compact powder is touch-ups on the go. Unfortunately, Les Voilettes is not as translucent and not as mattifying as it promises to be. Instead, it turns my make-up into a sort of cakey mess. I look as if I've put way too much make-up on, which is not true. I know I should blot, and I sometimes do, yet still I don't see much of the difference and this doesn't happen with all powders I've got, so I can clearly attribute the cakeyness to this particular powder.

The shade I picked is #3 Medium and in spite of its name it is rather fair and matches my skin really well.   

I will use this powder up for sure, it's not that dramatically bad, but surely I won't repurchase. Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot does the job a million times better, but doesn't look as elegant in the purse. I guess I need to pay for my snobbery and use a product I don't like just becasuse I was attracted by the brand.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment