Thursday 12 June 2014

L'Oreal Glam Matte lip gloss in #510 Cherry Crop and #511 Skinny Tangerine review & swatches


A couple of days ago I noticed a new lip product from L'Oreal. Their Glam Matte glosses (I know, contradiction in terms) arrived quite unnanounced, No advertising, no blog posts, no facebook announcements.  Since they were on offer at the drugstore in question I decided to pick two to see if they were any good. 


The whole range consists of only four shades, at least here in Poland. They come in an elegant hourglass-shaped  tube with a heart-shaped spongey applicator which picks the right amount of product and distributes it evenly on the lips. 


All four shades available were highly saturated, swatched very evenly, the ones I picked (#511 Skinny Tangerine and #510 Cherry Crop) appealed to my taste most. 


Cherry Crop doesn't seem too much of a cherry shade to me. To me it looks like a raspberry shade, perhaps leaning slightly towards magenta. I love reaching for raspberry shades in the summer, they're so fruity and juicy.


Skinny Tangerine looks very bright orange in the pictures, but in reality it looks more like an orange-toned red. Very bold and daring, but that's exactly what I like about it.


Both of these have the most peculiar finish. They go on very smoothly and evenly and look almost like a gloss at first. When they dry they are demi-matte, but not completely matte. They don't set like typical matte liquid lipsticks, they transfer onto glass, leave marks, etc. They don't cling to your lips like paint and they don't last all day. Basically they're like lip glosses, but with a matte finish and incredible pigmentation.
But, as time goes by, if you don't eat  any hearty meals, the external layer is wiped off, a sort of strong tint remains and this looks truly matte. It's worth noting that the orange one is more matte than the cherry gloss. 


I must say I really like these two. They may not be the 24h wear dry lipsticks, but the wear time is much longer than any gloss. They are non-drying, feel very comfortable on the lips and aren't sticky or gloopy in the slightest. 
If I were to compare the formula to any other product, I'd say they remind me of Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color, but they're on the matter side. 
I think L'Oreal Glam Matte glosses are actually one of the most successful drugstore lip products of late.


 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment