Wednesday 4 June 2014

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Trio in Nude Eyes review & swatches




I'm writing today to express my great love for this gorgeous eyeliner trio by Physicians Formula. Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Nude Eyes consists of three twist-up eyeliner pencils designed to create a number of nude eye looks ranging from natural to dramatic.



The packaging illustrates how to use the product in terms of colour combinations for everyday and dramatic looks and the packaging, which hides a little sharpener, which I tried to use but it broke the tip off each time so I put it back and ignored.


The pencils are beautifully designed. On the one hand they look exactly the same as every single twist-up eyeliner I've seen, yet there's something luxurious about the golden strip in the centre and the shiny, high quality metallic plactic the pens are made of.

THe quality of  every single pencil within the set is unquestionable. They go on easily without pulling or dragging the skin, they're soft but they don't melt or break upon contact with my skin. The line they draw is even and non-patchy, possible to smudge for the first couple of seconds, then it sets and is immovable. These pencils are not only water but also smudge and budge proof and good to use in the waterline.


Champagne is the lightest shade of the bunch, but rather dark for a champagne shade. It looks like a fairer sister of the next shade, which is Pewter. 
Pewter is a perfect cool-toned taupe to me. I adore this shade on my lower lashline. It's such a quick and easy way to line my eye, smudge it a bit with a finger and I'm good to go.
Black may not be the blackest black in history, but it's perfect when smudging a liner for smoky eyes or in the waterline. I love using it to tightline or simply to line my upper lashline.


Overall I must say that I absolutely adore this trio. It's unbelievably cheap and it's quality leaves nothing to wish for. The style and desing brings much higher brands to my mind.
My collection of these pencils must grow! In fact another set is already resting in my basket, waiting for funds.





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment