Sunday 8 June 2014

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear nailpolish in Pep-plum #230


In the beginning of May Rossmann drugstores were having the most amazing 49% off sales of make-up products and I obviously needed to take advantage of those. What I picked were a couple of nail polishes and one of them was Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear nailpolish in Pep-plum #230.

I picked this up as my take on the radiant orchid trend, but upon application the shade turned out to be way darker than it seemed in the bottle and in the end I must agree that this is not a radiant orchid shade but bright plum leaning towards orchid.

I first applied this polish on my toes and I didn't like it at all, which put me off using it on my fingers for weeks, but then I thought I'd give it a go. And imagine my surprise at how amazing it turned out to be on my nails.

This polish is sheer, with what I call gel finish which means that no matter how many coats you apply the polish will retain it's see-through quality. This doesn't mean that it goes on patchy or streaky, two or three coats offer even coverage and hide all ridges or other imperfections on my nails.
The polish is very shiny on its own, but when covered with a top coat it achieves the incredible glass-like finish.  

The polish wore very well on my nails for about a week. Not only didn't it chip, but also it showed no signs of shrinking nor wear on the tips and the glass-like finish lasted for days without the need to reapply the top coat.

Overall the polish looks very nice and elegant, I'm sure  that come autumn, it'll be my favourite nail polish. I'm not a huge fan of Sally Hansen in general but this time I'm positively surprised. Great shade, great polish for less than $3!

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment