Monday 30 June 2014

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kissed #03 review




I got my Sephora Cream Lip Stain in #03 Strawberry Kissed after reading a couple of enthusiastic reviews, especially by British bloggers, who have now gained access to Sephora goodies as they have started shipping to the UK. I really like good matte lip colour so I was pretty much excited to give it a go.


Strangely enough, the red shade I wanted to get was unavailable in the shop. I could get it online, but the product is too cheap to qualify for free shipping, so I picked #03 Strawberry Kissed instead. The shade is, as the name implies, a strawberry red shade with a very matte finish.
The product is highly pigmented, one swipe offers full coverage. It applies very evenly, but you have to work fast as it dries very quickly. A little goes a long way, packing the product may result in clumping. Anyway, I believe that this is the best matte liquid lipstick formula I've tried.
The finish is very matte and dry, so if your lips aren't in tip-top condition, I'd give this product a miss.
Sephora Cream Lip Stain is a long-wearing product, but within 2-3 hours' time I notice bold patches in the inner parts of my lips, which is definitely a far worse result than that achieved with Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets.


The thing I don't quite like is the packaging.  It's very similar to MAC lip glosses, cheapish sort of clear plastic with black top and Sephora logo around it. The doe foot applicator is kind of obsolete compared to many fantastic applicators by competitive brands. It chases the product towards the edges of my lips and leaves a thicker line there. With such quick-drying formula I just cannot shape my lips as nicely as I'd like to. A lip liner would be handy for tough ups, but I've got nothing similar in shade.


All in all, this lipstick is neither the worst nor the best I've tried. I would position it next to the far more expensive and higher-end Hourglass Opaque Rouge lipstick.  Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets are more difficult to apply evenly, but wear way better and are practically irremovable.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.




2 comments:

  1. Im not sure if this sounds good or bad to me. It kind of looks like LC Velevetines which I both liked and disliked!
    Have you tried the velevetines to compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is I'm not sure myself. I've been thinking of getting one of the velvetines, but I haven't bought any so far, so I can't compare these two products. Are they worth the hype?

      Delete