Thursday 26 June 2014

Soap & Glory kick Ass Concealer review & swatches




Soap & Glory is one of my favourite drugstore brands ever. I wish it was available here in Poland. Not only are their toiletries worthy of attention, but also their make-up products do not disappoint.



Kick Ass Concealer is one of my favourite products by the brand. It comes in a lovely small compact and contains two concealer shades, white setting powder with a sponge and a mirror. The only thing that bothers me is that the powder comes in the upper section and the concealers in the bottom one, which is a sort of reverse chronology, but maybe it's just me.


The concealer drawer is split in half, the one on the left is a salmon shade that is supposed to be used to hide undereye circles and brighten the area. This concealer is creamy and moisturising. I have dry undereye and many concealers do more bad than good accentuating my wrinkles, but this one doesn't. I barely set it with powder and I don't notice much creasing or migrating towards my wrinkles. I don't have dark undereye circles, just a bit of redness and I use just a tiny little bit of this concealer, which is incredibly pigmented, to brighten the area and even out the skin tone.
The one on the right is a bit dryer and yellow toned. I use it on blemishes or areas of redness that my foundations don't manage to cover. It blends in perfectly and conceals everything beautifully, making all imperfections invisible.


 The powder is meant to be brightening, it's white and finely milled, but not fully transparent. It can go cakey if overapplied and I usually give this stage a miss, especially that the powder has some luminising properties and I don't want to attract attention to my eye area.


All in all, this is a cheaper version of my Bobbi Brown concealer and powder duo, equally efficient and moisturising, with the added benefit of a face concealer. This is one of the most often reached for concealers in my stash.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment