Friday 20 June 2014

The Body Shop Honey Bronze bronzing powder #01 review


Back in early spring my face was looking horribly pale. I knew I needed to add some warmth to my complexion, but all bronzers seemed too dark. I'd heard a lot about The Body Shop Honey Bronze bronzing powder and thought I'd give it a go. The packaging was a bit battered, so the lovely assistant offered me a 30% discount, which satisfied me greatly.



This is a nice bronzer, but not everything is perfect about it. Although I like the shape and colour of the packaging, like many make-up products from The Body Shop it's made from bad quality plastic, it's not resistant to scratches and the logo wears off while still on the shelf in the shop. It looks like a drugstore product, even though it's substantially more expensive.


When I swatched shade 01 in the shop I feared it would be too light, but I was wrong as it does show up in a non-obvious way, which is the reason why I love this powder so much. The shade is very pale indeed and it's rather cool-toned, without any orange undertones. 
Embossed in a beautiful way with a honeycomb pattern, this powder is not powdery at all. The brush picks a minimal amount of product, which makes it go on sheer and blend in incredibly well. After using the product for about three months, the embossing still remains clearly visible.
Now that some sun rays have hit my face and I apply my self tan on regular basis, this powder doesn't show up too much, but it's a perfect bronzer for the sunless winter months.  



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this..but darker shades are just not available in India. I need something like shade #3 or #4
    CrazyBeautyLand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why. I suppose shade #4 is unavailable here either, but it's quite understood. Selling only the palest shades in India is nonsense in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha...you're so right!

      Delete