Monday 23 June 2014

YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation #B30 review & swatches


As an ageing lady I'm kind of drawn towards make-up that offers some skin care benefits like all those BB and CC creams. 
YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation combines medium to full coverage with skin-firming benefits of Forever Youth Liberator Serum which it is infused with. It also offers 24-hour hydration and SPF 20 coverage. Youth Liberator Serum Foundation promises to hydrate the skin for 24 hours (though I'm not sure whether we're supposed to wear it for 24 hours to achieve these benefits or perhaps it works even when removed). The foundation is supposed to correct dullness giving a newer, brighter complexion. Youth Liberator Serum Foundation corrects, unifies and evens all skin tones, giving the skin an instantly younger appearance. 


Although some attributes of this foundation, like the 24hour moisturising properties, we're clearly meant to ignore, I believe the foundation lives up to its claims and is one of the most beautiful foundations in my collection.
Shade B30 is a neutral light beige shade that strangely enough matches my skin tone both in winter and in summer (with a bit of perking up with a bronzer). It offers medium coverage in my opinion, I usually use 1 pump or a little bit more and this evens out my skin tone and covers most imperfections. The foundation goes on very smoothly, blends in beautifully and looks like skin as long as you don't overapply. 

The finish is neither too glowy nor matte. I have oily skin and this foundation sometimes replaces my face cream and sits very comfortably on my skin. I do need to powder to set it, but my skin reacts very nicely to this foundation as it doesn't stimulate sebum production. My skin doesn't turn into an oilslick within a couple of hours like after using most mattifying foundations like the acclaimed Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. It lasts pretty much all day, doesn't oxidise or melt in the heat. 

I absolutely adore the packaging, which is a clear glass bottle that gradually darkens to finally reach the black colour of the cap. The packaging isn't travel-friendly, but it's classy and gorgeous. 
The foundation has a distinct floral scent, which I adore, but if your skin is sensitive to fragrance, you should keep away from this.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment