Saturday 28 June 2014

Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal moisturising cream spf25 review



My mum  recently gave me a bunch of samples of Yves Rocher products, out of which Hydra Vegetal Moisturising Cream SPF 25 immediately caught my attention as not only was it a moisturiser, but also a sunscreen for normal to combination skin which made me hope it would suit my needs.

Sometimes using a sample of a product doesn't tell you anything, but in this case I'm more than grateful I had a chance to try it out before buying as this saved me some money.

This cream may be moisturising, but above all it is greasy. It remained sticky and didn't absorb at all. It sat on the surface of my skin without drying.  Considering that it was supposed to be used in the summer heat, this guaranteed a major make up melt-down. For prolonged exposure to sun the manufacturer advises layering with sun care, which I cannot really imagine.

But greasiness is nothing unusual in cae of many 'western' sunscreens. Almost every single one felt heavy, but thisone sat on the surface of my skin and finally balled up horribly, which was too much.  

This is a big big no for me.



2 comments:

  1. What a bummer! I am still looking for a good option for a European sunscreen for my body and when I run out of Japanese ones. I guess this wont be it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think La Roche Posay fluid ones are decent, but they are packed with alcohol and smell as if you were splashing vodka on your face. And they come in small bottles and are fairly expensive to be used all over the body. I haven't found any European body sunscreens that would fulfil my demands. Biore is my favourite brand so far.

      Delete