Saturday 12 July 2014

Formula X Nail Color in Here Comes The Sun review & swatches



I hardly ever go to Sephora these days as most of the products can be obtained elsewhere for much less money, but I recently noticed in their catalogue that Formula X nail polishes had arrived in Poland and I simply had to see for myself what the hype was all about.


The price is almost the same as OPI, which is way more than drugstore price range, yet not as much as Dior or Chanel so I picked only one to see whether I needed more of these in my stash.
I chose Here Comes the Sun because it was totally different from anything I'd owned and it screamed summer to me, even the name appealed to my senses.


The polish looked warmer and more orange in the bottle than on the nails. In reality it's a sort of salmony coral tone with more pink than orange undertones. I don't know whether it's terribly unique, but I certainly have nothing quite like it in my collection. 


The polish was opaque and streak-free in two coats, looked shiny, wore well for a couple of days, until I got bored with it and removed it. I would have been amazed if it was a drugstore polish or if I'd bought it a couple years ago. But now, with so many amazing drugstore polishes available for a couple of bucks, this polish failed to explain the price tag. 
I was surprised by the narrow brush, which seems quite obsolete these days, as even the cheapest brands replace these with the more convenient wide and flat brushes. The formula was good, but nothing extraordinary, compared to Bourjois 1 Seconde gel polishes. 
There's nothing I can criticise about the polish, but it simply failed to surprise me with anything or offer any wow factor that would differenciate it from its cheaper competitors.

If I spot some unusual shade or finish I might consider splurging again, for the time being Bourjois 1 Seconde gel polishes satisfy all my needs.





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment