Saturday 5 July 2014

Maybelline Colorama nail polish #749 review & swatches


With summer approaching I felt this sudden urge to get some bright yellow shade to use on my nails. I didn't want to spend too much on this sudden folly, so I made my way to the drugstores, compared their offers and promotins and finally left the shop with what seemed the perfect sunny shade for my nails.


As much as I love the shade of Maybelline Colorama #749 for it's bright, warm, sunny optimism, I do hate it for the terrible quality.
The first coat was sheer, had a see-through quality of gel polishes. So I kept adding coats, the colour became fully opaque, but no matter how many coats I applied, the polish looked horribly streaky. The problem lies not in opacity, but it the fact that it refuses to level itself out. After the fourth coat it started to look quite decent in daylight, but afrificial light revealed all the infuriating streaks again.

I initially topped it with Essie Good To Go top coat, but on day two I added Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat and it somehow did the trick and made my nails look really good, see the picture below. 



I love the polish for its shade and the result I was finally able to get, but it certainly is not a fuss-free polish.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.






2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of Color Show nail polishes and some of the pastel ones have streaky finish :(
    http://crazybeautyland.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete