Friday 29 August 2014

Korean goodies: Memebox #48 Daily Dose of Beauty unboxing


Memebox Superbox #48 Daily Dose of Beauty has just arrived at my doorstep. Although there was a brief description of the potential contents of the box on the website, suggesting the box would hold a different item for each day of the week, ranging from make-up to cheer you up on Mondays to therapeutic sessions at weekends, it still managed to surprise me.
  


Not only were there 8 products instead of 7, but also there were 2 Tuesdays and 2 Thursdays and no Saturday or Sunday, just the weekend.  The selection of products was also quite unpredictable, but in fact this is probably one of my favourite boxes so far. 
So, let's  see what I'm supposed to use now day by day:

Monday

Cheek Room Eye Shadow in Honey Pink is sheer and crumbly and I'm not a fan of peachy shades. Not my fsvourite item here.

Tuesday


 3 Sally's box Delight Hydrogel Masks could have been added to My Cute Wishlist box. They look lovely! But I think there's something wrong with the description in the information sheet. It says here they're some sort of lip treatment, while they're clearly sheet masks. There's even a leaflet advertising all Sally's box treatments and they're not promoted as lip balms either. Nonetheless, they look very very exciting.


And one more Tuesday product: D'ran Aqua Wonder Intensive Renewing Serum uses glacier water complex to offer skin nutrition and moisture. This is to be used after emulsion to offer skin natural, supple glow. Not much info about any active ingredients, though, but I like korean serums, so I'll be happy to try this out!

Wednesdsy


Yu Choo By Me Steam Silk Half Pack contains argan oil, olive oil and coconut oil. You wear this like a hat over towel-dried hair for 15-20 minutes and rinse. Quite exciting!

Thursday

Grinif Rawganic Jojoba Golden Oil is to be used alone for facial massage or mix with a facial cream, BB cream, a body lotion or a hair essence. A real multitasker! And the packaging is really pretty! 
Eglips JolieBeBe Lip Treatment is ... a lip treament that comes in a Juicy Tubes kind of packaging. Great! I've just used up one of my lip balms!

Friday

Croquis Bulgeum Lipstick is supposed to be an all-in-one lip product. It's a lip essence (never used one and
didn't know they existed, lipstick, lip tint, and lip gloss. I like the formula and the shade, but not the applicator!
Weekend


It looks like ProYou S Wrinkle SC Renewal Ampoule is one of the most expensive face treatment I've ever had, with its price tag of $96! Though I never comment about prices that are given on the the Memebox leaflets as they seem a tad overblown.
There's more info about what this product doesn't contain (like parabens, alcohol and other baddies) than about what is actually meant to work, like adenosine, EGF and peptide complex. It's to be used daily, morning and evening.

I must say I'm satisfied with everything except the eyeshadow. I've just been wondering how young girls, who are primarily a target group of Memeboxes, feel about getting tons of heavy duty anti-wrinkle skincare in every single box, even the make-up related ones. 



2 comments:

  1. Love your post. I wonder about the wrinkle care too. I guess it never to early to start with it but at 23 its not one of my top concerns. What shade did you get in the lip stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! When I was in my 20s anti-wrinkle skincare would have been the most disappointing thing to get! And receiving it regularly in every single box would definitely have put me off buying such boxes. But times must have changed.
      My lipstick is in shade #02 Sex on the Beach, which is a very bright coral

      Delete