I love honey. My grandpa was a bee-keeper and I grew up surrounded by honey and everything honey. Was stung by bees regularly, but the sentiment remains. For honey, not for bees.
I couldn't Memebox #53 My Honey Box go, could I?
This is a superbox, which means all products are full size, though some of them look like deluxe samples to me. All practical and tempting, united by the bee-related design and content. And there are 7 of them!
1. Migabee Antipollution RE-Peeling is a peel-off mask containing honey, bee venom, propolis, royal jelly. Like all peel-off masks it removes fead skin cells and excess sebum. Although I'm not a fan of peel-off masks, I do use them from time to time, so I gave this one a go instantly. I liked the scent and what it made my skin feel like afterwards, but it took a long while to dry and then the process of peeling was quite painful and i'm not entirely sure if pulling at my skin is appropriate for my age, Bit it made my skin look great in the end.
2. Mi Click Manuka Honey Treatment comes in a small, 30 ml tube, which makes me believe it's a sample, not the full-size hair product. This promises deep nourishment and cuticle renewal together with silky gloss of the hair. I've used this once so far and I believe it has fulfilled all the claims. Felt heavy at first, but left my hair smooth and shiny without being greasy. Must use hair masks more often in general, and this one seems to be a really good example of a restorative mask.
3. enesti Apple & Honey Shea Butter Hand Cream has beautiful packaging, but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks to Memebox I don't need to buy hand cream for a couple of months.
4. From Nature Multi Effect Collagen Honey Mask is a sheet mask, which is an obligatory item of all Superboxes or Memeboxes Special. My stash is full of sheet masks, this one awaits its turn. It contains honey and collagen to deliver deep nutrition and elasticity to the skin.
5. EDMONG Honeybee Water Cream is my favourite item in this box. It's a jelly-like cream which contains honey, propolis, spring water, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, green tea extracts. I absolutely adore its smooth and fast-absorbing texture. I'm currently using a very similarly textured cooling cream, so this one needs to wait its turn.
6. DAYCELL Essential Honey Lift Massage Cream is a honey and collagen enriched cream that is supposed to be massaged onto the face in patting motion (??). The instructions say 'rinse in the morning', well, I guess everyone washes their faces in the morning, don't they? But thanks to this instruction I gathered this is a night cream.
7. Pure Smile Snail Lip Therapy Honey. What a conjunction! Snail and honey! Snails seem to be as cute as bunnies and little pigs for Korean people. I personally will try to ignore the snail part and pretend it was never there. I don't mind patting snail mucus on my face, but on my lips.... a bit too close to eating it!