I love yogurt and I'm a strong believer in its soothing and moisturising properties, so when I saw a Memebox packed with yogurt-based cosmetics, I grabbed it instantly.
What I got is a solid box containing a set of lovely and practical skincare items.
1. Purederm Skin Softening Yogurt Mask Strawberry is a wash-off mask that provides deep hydration to dry, tired skin, removes impurities from pores, refreshes and softens.
2. Rappol Calming Cream is a super gentle cream by a brand that specializes in baby skincare. There isn't much information about this particular product apart from the fact that it contains lactic acids and moisturising complex to strengthen the skin's immunity and self-regeneration.
3. Happy Bath Facial Yogurt Cleansing Foam, mine comes in Moist, I suppose, though I'm not sure. It contains apple, banana and apricot seed essences. I love Korean foam cleansers, so I guess this will be good as well.
4. Pure Smile Yogurt Mask Mixed Fruits is a sheet mask containing a blend of yogurt and banana, kiwi and pineapple extracts.
5. Holika Holika I Want Chu Lip Balm #01 Strawberry Smoothie comes in two products, one in yogurt, one in strawberry which layered transform into a smoothie scent. Hmmmm. Interesting...
6. ettang Modelling Take-out Cup Pack Yogurt is the only product here I've tried and tested. I must say I qute liked it, though it's very, very strange.
There isn't much info on the leaflet about what it contains nor about what it is supposed to do, so I'll focus here on the method of application and how I felt about the product.
It comes in a plastic cup in the form of pinkish powder. You need to add half the cup of water and mix well to form thick paste.
At first I thought this amount was way too much. When I packed a ton of product on my face I was absolutely sure this was never going to set and be peeled off as the instruction says. I used about half of the product and regretted not dividing it into at least two smaller portions. This, however, was a fundamental mistake as after the 20 minutes prescribed this product did set to form a rubbery mask which came off the skin effortlessly, without tugging and pulling and plucking facial hair out. Unfortunately, thinner areas dried to a crust and were absolutely impossible to take off. I ended up washing my face and rubbing the remains of the mask off even though it was not supposed to be rinsed.
If it hadn't been for my mistake, I would have been very satisfied with the results. This mask made my skin very soft and supple and soaked in the sebum without drying the skin. A good choice for oilier skin types.