Saturday 22 November 2014

Korean goodies: IOPE Essential Tone & Wrinkle Care Eye Cream review


I've been using this IOPE Essential Tone&Wrinkle Care Eye Cream for a couple of months now and I'm still hesitating whether I like it or not. The thing is that while my skin is oily, my undereye is extremely dry and it's hard for me to find a cream that would keep the area moisturised for more than 4 hours without ruining my make-up with its greasy nature. How my undereye reacts to a cream depends to a large extent on weather conditions. In the summer heat my, with enough sleep and water to drink my skin is not as demanding as in winter when I spend most of my time in dry, heated rooms.   

To the point. 
Here's what the blurb says about the cream:

My opinion about this cream varies, depending on what my skin desires, but generally gravitates towards the good. So let me start with the good. 
This cream has amazing slip and feel when being applied. It goes on so smoothly and saturates my skin with moisture, improving my undereye skin condition.
It absorbs quickly and doesn't interfere with concealers or powders.
The product comes in a 25ml tube, which is way bigger than the standard western 15ml eye cream size, and tubes are always more hygenic than jars, though I would prefer this to be aluminium tube, as this one sucks up air after each use.
The only problem is that this works perfectly when my skin is hydrated and in perfectly good condition. However, the moment when I returned to work and didn't have the possibility to control the amount of water consumed and the weather turned colder which means that my skin started producing less sebum and sweat this eye cream turned less hydrating than I initially thought. My skin began to feel parched after 3-4 hours and I had to reapply or quit using it. 
No matter what weather conditions, this cream works beautifully on my upper lid. 

Generally I believe this is a wonderful cream for someone younger than me or a person who doesn't suffer from very dry undereye. I keep using this when I'm at home and can add some more whenever the need arises, but it cannot be trusted during long days spent at work. I like it, but I won't repurchase.

  



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment