Sunday 14 December 2014

Hourglass Ambient Blushes in Dim Infusion and Ethereal Glow review & swatches




I have mixed feelings about Hourglass, I sometimes feel the brand is overpriced and overhyped, but one thing is certain: their powders and blushes are absolutely incredible. That is why my collection of blushes keeps growing and today I'd like to introduce these two little beauties.
For those who aren't familiar with the product, Hourglass Ambient Blushes are a marbled combination of the infamous Ambient Lighting Powders and blush. They come in beautiful pewter-taupey shiny compacts  which look so classy in spite of the fact that they're made of plastic.
They apply smoothly, without patchiness, may offer a sheer wash or colour or be build up to achieve more intensity or definition. The pigmentation very much depends on what kind of marble you get, if the blush consists mostly of powder, it is obviously going to be less pigmented. The wear time is above average and when these start to fade, they do so evenly. The blushes are neither matte, nor shimmery and their finish can be described as soft satin sheen. They do not accentuate pores nor make oily skin look greasy.


The two newest arrivals are Dim Infusion and Ethereal Glow.


Dim Infusion is a marriage of Dim Light powder and a warm-toned coral or salmon blush. This blush is neither sparkly nor shimmery but offers the most gorgeous healthy sheen. This blush is soo pretty and enlivens dull complexion within seconds. It screams spring to me, it's so optimistic and bright!


The other one is way lighter and unfortunately it barely shows on my skin. Ethereal Glow is a very fair milky pink which I found really hard to build up. I'm not entirely sure whether to use this as a finishing powder or a blush. I like its texture and the soft finish it offers to my face, but I wanted a blush, not a rosy powder. 
I'd read so many contradictory reviews about this blush, people with much darker skintones than mine expressed their love for this powder, so I thought it would work for me as well. 
So, if you're NW/NC15 or darker I wouldn't recommend getting this blush. If you do, remember, you have been warned! 
But I'm not giving up and trying to find some use for this product.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment