Wednesday 3 December 2014

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado review


While most of my skin is normal to oily and I can go on without proper skin care for weeks without any side effects, my undereye area is incredibly dry, which leads to wrinkles, sagging skin and a general sensation of discomfort. That's why I tend to devote partitular attention to dry skin under my eyes, picking products that promise to moisturise the area well for long hours. 
I noticed that many youtubers who seem to have a similar problem to mine call Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado their life saver, so when I was doing my shopping in Space.nk I added this little jar to my basket.
My relationship with this eye cream wasn't love at first sight, but now that I've used it up completely I've realised I need this in my life.  

The packaging is very drugstore-like and this cream is extremely thick consistencywise, but there's nothing that would scare me as far as my search for the perfect, long-lasting undereye moisturiser is concerned. Many reviewers suggest warming it up between fingers, which does indeed help to melt and emulsify the product, but I notice a problem elsewhere.
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment is an oil-based cream and as everyone knows oil and water don't mix, which means if your undereye is wet or even worse if you've used a runny serum before, you need to wait till your undereye is absolutely dry, otherwise the cream won't spread at all. It'll just cling to where you first put it in some sort of clotted clumps, take hours to pat it in and distribute more or less evenly. You may assume that there's a learning curve involved and patting your eye dry before application would always do the trick, but it took me the entire jar to learn from my mistakes and I still haven't mastered the application. 

So why did I love about this cream so much that I've actually already repurchased and it's on its way to me now? Well, it's a lifesaver on dry skin days. It absorbs surprisingly quickly and its results are truly long-lasting. My undereye doesn't feel dry throughout the day, which is kind of unusual. What's more, despite its creamy-oily nature, it doesn't make my concealer crease nor my mascara smudge. 

This review has taken me a couple of days to write and since I'm going through some extreme dryness phase under my eyes and nothing seems to help, I've just ordered another tub of this. 




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.








No comments:

Post a Comment