Friday 5 December 2014

L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara review


I'm a great fan of L'Oreal Butterfly mascara and I keep repurchasing it as soon as I've used up one and I actually need anything else. But then I read a couple of rave reviews of L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara which planted a seed in my head. 'Is it possible that L'Oreal outdid themselves with this new mascara?', I thought. Now I know they didn't.
Miss Manga mascara promises mega volume to my lashes, which is all I'm after when it comes to mascara. It also has this nice conical wand with natural bristles spiralling around it. So, how could this go wrong?
Well, the problem lies in the wand stem which has 2 joints that bend at the slightest touch. This, combined with a relatively thick formula which only grows thicker in time, is a straight road to disaster. 
I have no idea what this flexible wand was supposed to do, but I know what it does. 
When the mascara was brand new it simply made the application time consuming. My lashes bent upwards and the mascara wand, instead of chasing and grabbing them, bent in the opposite direction, barely depositing any product on the lashes. I had to keep working on those lashes to build the volume up, layering coat after coat which took way too much time in the morning hurry.  

When the formula thickened the mascara turned to be the most frustrating mascara I've ever used. It applied in clumps, glued my lashes together, which wouldn't have been anything unusual if I had been able to comb my lashes out with the brush. The formula thickened fast, leaving my lashes tufted with clumps of mascara and pointing in all directions.


This mascara wand is a major failure (though I can see that some people love it), which is a pity because the mascara formula is actually pretty good. It's rather thick and intensely black. It dries fast and wears all day without smudging or crumbling. After taking some time and effort to apply and build-up it actually does offer some decent volume. 
Mine landed in the bin in a fit of fury after the third morning make-up failure in a row. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment