Thursday 11 December 2014

Rimmel Wonder'full mascara review


Judging by these photos you may suspect that this review is long overdue. Well, yes and no. I did buy this mascara during my summer holiday but I have started using it only recently.

This new Rimmel Wonder'full  mascara's selling point is the fact that it contains argan oil for softer lashes and smoother application. It comes in a beautiful copper gold packaging that implies a much higher price tag and is a significant step of Rimmel towards improving the brand image. But elegant packaging also means that this is the most expensive mascara out of their whole range.

The mascara brush is the rubber one with medium length spiky bristles. The formula is on the wetter side, but there's some tackiness to it. It glides on the lashes really well and leaves my lashes nicely separated and soft.

Do I love this mascara? No.
Do I like it? Yes.
I like how nicely it goes on, how easy it is to apply, how clump-free and soft my lashes are. This mascara doesn't smudge or crumble. It isn't waterproof, so taking it off at the end of the day poses no problems.  The size of the brush is just right and the bristles don't poke my waterline in an unpleasant way.
But  
this mascara doesn't give me what I like. I like volume. Multiple coats of this mascara don't seem to add  much volume and the result is natural, clump-free, separated lashes but no ooomph.

It's a good mascara and I'm sure would satisfy those of us with full lashes that don't require too much volume or who prefer a more natural look. Rimmel Wonder'full just can't compete with  L'Oreal Wing Lash mascara.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment