Wednesday 4 February 2015

January 2015 faves


I've finally managed to get round to writing about my January favourites. There aren't many, but those mentioned are really worthy of everyone's attention.

When rummaging through my own foundation drawer I came across Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation which I'd bought a while ago, but never quite warmed to it. Until now! I have no idea why I didn' like it in the first place. It's such a comfortable, high-coverage foundation for winter. I really love the demi-matte finish it gives me and how natural it looks and how long it lasts! 
Throughout January I've been pairing with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in Brightening, which is very pink and I thout wouln't do much good to my undereye redness, but it really does brighten like nobody's business and makes my face look much better rested.

I made 2 discoveries as far as eyeshadows are concerned. I really loved the new offerings from Bourjois Smoky Stories eyeshadow quads. They consist of 3 slightly shimmery or satin eyeshadows and a glitter, all in different shades within the same colour family. My favourite is the blue one, which isn't actually blue but a set of blue-toned grays which give me a lovely, effortless, day-to-night smoky eye. 
The other one is Kiko Supreme eyeshadow, which is a good dupe of Chanel hybrid eyeshadows. There are only 4 shades available, most of them shimmery and smoky, out of which Gorgeous Anthracite is my favourite.

My lip favourites come from the lip primer category. Having found it difficult to match my lip liners to my lipsticks I figured that clear liners or lip primers would prolong the wear time of my lipstick, prevent it from feathering without interfering with the shade itself. And I was right! My favourites are Topshop lip primer in  Everlast (transparent) and  Kiko Lip Base (beige). Oh boy, these make the most crappy lipstick last!

And finally my nail favourites. In my attempt to embrace the metallic matte nails I paired my 2 supershimmery lipsticks by China Glaze (Red-y & Willing and Don't Make Me Wine) with Inglot matte top coat. I wore my nails glossy for a couple of days and then on the last day I refreshed the colour by turning it matte. 


As for my skincare favourites, the monthly award goes to the Korean brand I became familiar with thanks to my Memeboxes. Secret Nature products contain vegetal extracts from plants cultivated pesticide-free on Jeju island. Whether its these virgin plants or any other kind of magic, I don't care. I'm satisfied more than enough with how smooth they make my skin look and feel. They moisturise without being heavy or sticky. and thye packaging is really nice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment