Monday 23 February 2015

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear nail polish in #420 Pacific Blue review


I'd been dreaming about this polish for a very, very long time. It mesmerized me each time I passed the Sally Hansen display and when I finally saw it on offer for about half price, I could do no other than take it home with me.
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear nailpolish in #420 Pacific Blue is a master of deception. Nothing about this polish is what it seems to be. 
The shade on the nails was lighter and much cooler blue than the product in the bottle and the shimmer is less visible. 
Also the formula is very different from other polishes from the same line thst I have tried. It's on the sheer side, but maybe it's because it's a sort of gelly finish. Three coats are recommended. But the thing is that the formula of this product is the weirdest one I've used and isn't really buildable. It's a kind if gloopy gelly thing that applies in blobs which are hard to distribute evenly. It's as if it was made of rubber, it stretches a bit only to go back to its initial position. You can see this effect on the outer perimeters of my nails which are much sheerer than the centre. What's more, this gloopy substance simply refused to dry. The more coats the worse it got. Even Seche Vite was of no avail.  

Applying this polish was a real struggle. I did it once and I'm not planning to do it again. I'll move it to my DIY department and probably restore one of my sons' die cast cars with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment