Monday 9 February 2015

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil light/medium matte bronzer review & swatches


For the past 2 years bronzers have been a staple item in my make-up routine, though getting a good bronzer for fair, pink-toned complexion isn't an easy task. 
after falling head over heels in love with my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, I thought I'd go one step further and order their Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer as I'd heard it was just as heavenly scented as their eyeshadow palette.


When it arrived I instantly fell in love with the matte gold logo-embossed compact which held the most heavenly-chocolate-smelling powder but the shade of the powder itself reminded me of Illamasqua Disobey, which makes me look horribly yellow. Strangely enough, however similar these two may be when swatched, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil doesn't look that ochre yellow on me.   


There are good and bad things to be said about this bronzer. 
It's fair and matte, which means it goes well both with my skin tone and type. 
But on the other hand it's very powdery. The slightest touch of the fluffiest of brushes kicks up clouds of powder, the brush picks up way too much product which in case of a bronzer may lead to ridiculous effects. I feel I have very little control over the application, though I must admit that it blends really well.
I've got a ton of other bronzers going on so I don't notice that, but I'm sure that if this was my sole bronzing powder I'd go through this with speed of light simply because the product is quite unstable and I'd overapply without intending to. 


  It's a very nice bronzer, especially for when I'm more tanned and I keep reaching for it with surprising regularity, but it's not my holy grail and it won't be missed when I've used it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment