Tuesday 14 April 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow sculpting powder review & swatches

 

If there was one thing to be said about Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow, it would be that the art of packaging took my breath away and left all posh competitors miles behind.


The outer part of the packaging slides sideways like an old-fashioned spectacle case to reveal another layer of matte cardboard packaging, which opens like a gift box to unravel the real gem, a gorgeous bronzing and highlighting palette locked in a truly beautiful vintage-looking golden compact. 


The powders inside are beautifully embossed with the same pattern as the lid and they also contain self-explanatory insctiptions.


When I opened the compact I was taken aback by how warm and how shimmery the sculpt powder was. 'I might be able to use it as an overall bronzer, but how am I going to contour my face with this?', I instantly thought. Strangely enough, the shimmer doesn't transfer as such onto the skin. It offers more than a satin glow than shimmer. What's more, in spite of being nowhere near those taupe, grayish, shadow-mimicking contour powders that are so hot now, the sculpt powder does sculpt the face indeed without looking unnatural or dirty. It's a beautiful multi-tasker, which can be used all over the face and in the hollows of the cheeks for a softly chiselled look. It also blends seamlessly and effortlessly on my cool skin tone. 


The highlight shade is a warm champagne shade which is pretty shimmery, so it should satisfy those of us who are looking for spectacular glow on the high bones of the cheeks. I find it a bit overwhelming for everyday occasions, but I like to make use of it on nights out. 

Overall, this is a flawless duo. Everything about it is perfect. From the packaging and the embossed design to the lovely sculpting quality of the powders. I definitely reach for the bronze shade more often, but the highlight one is also great.  


No comments:

Post a Comment