Wednesday 1 April 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + and Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel review


I got the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + cream to help me fight with the occasional blemishes that I get and it came with a free gift - their Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel which didn't excite me at first as I was using my Korean foal cleansers at the time. I never used these two together but now I with I had.


First of all I must say I think the products are sort of badly marketed. The emphasis on blemish control make me think the cream was a kind of targeted ointment that would dry blemishes out, but it turned out to a wonderful moisturiser for oily skin. It evened my skin texture as if I was using a primer and reduced the redness that always lingers on for days after the blemish is gone. Effaclar Duo + helped control sebum production without being a matifying product in a strict sense. It didn't make my skin feel tight or parched nor did it accentuate dry patches. And I cannot really pinpoint how but it generally improved my skin's condition. 



My first impression of Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel was strange. After using Korean foam cleansers on and off for years this one had a completely different consistency, feel, foam and scent. It's a clear gel that is quite runny, when mixed with a splash of water it foams, but the foam isn't as dense as I though it would be. As a result I ended up using a bit too much and using the product up quickly.
It also didn't leave the rubbery squeaky clean feel after rinsing, but instead my skin felt comfortable. 
I never believed a cleanser can do much difference to your skin. Now I know it can. After using this cleanser daily I felt my skin condition improved. It was glowier, smoother, more even. 

As I've said, I wish I'd used both of these at the same time, it would be great to see what results they could produce if paired. But even separately they were great and I'm sure I'll repurchase them one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment