Tuesday 28 April 2015

OPI Holiday Stars collection review & swatches



I got this gorgeous set of mini OPI nail polishes from my beloved friend as a birthday present and for the past couple of weeks I've been wearing these continuously.



I CAROL ABOUT YOU
When I first saw the purple polish I thought it was an almost exact dupe of some other OPI nail polish from a previous collection. I couldn't have been more wrong. This is the most unique dark bright almost electric purple. Contradiction in terms? Not so much. It's like a dark denaturated alcohol colour. Upon closer inspection of the bottle I discovered some shimmer to the polish which doesn't translate as metallic shimmer onto the nails, but adds gorgeous sheen and dimension to the polish. The colour is easy to apply and it's fully opaque in two coats. This polish is a real stunner and a perfect addition to my nail polish collection.

KISS ME - OR ELF
This is a gorgeous burgundy purple colour, very much in the vein of my beloved China Glaze Don't Make Me Wine. It's a super glossy metallic polish with a wonderful formula that applies effortlessly, giving fully opaque and streak-free colour in two coats.

RED FINGERS & MISTLETOES
This is the least favourite of mine within the bunch, though it's undeniably very pretty. This is a deep red polish with red microglitter which hides someshat subdued under the surface of the polish. What I didn't quite like was the jelly finish which required at least 3 coats to go even. And I generally prefer large chunky glitter or metallic shimmer.  

WHAT'S YOUR POINT-SETTIA
This shade is a beautiful classic bright red that is so appropriate for all skin tones and occassions. Festive and classy. This polish applied smoothly and evenly in two coats and wore well for at least 4 days when I decided to remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment