Saturday 27 June 2015

Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12 review & swatches& dupes

Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12

Inglot have just come out with a new brow product that I found irresistible. Their AMC Brow Liner Gels come in a large variety of shades, out of which I picked the second lightest, but might come back for more.
The jar is surprisingly small. It contains 2g of product, while Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gels hold 5.5g of product (see the picture below for reference) and Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade comes with 4g of product (scroll down for comparison).

Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12

My experience with Inglot brow products has been disappointing so far. All the more surprised I am at the outstanding quality of this brow liner. 
As I have said, the liner comes in a tiny little jar with a screw-on lid. The product is called 'gel', but to me this is a brow pomade. It's quite thick and not transparent at all. The manufacturer recommends drawing a line along the bottom of your brow with an angled brush, then filling the brow in with a small, flat tapered brush that resembles a lip brush and then blending everything out with a spoolie.
I personally find my Zoeva brow brush convenient enough both to shape my brows and fill in all sparse areas.   

Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12

#12 is the second lightest shade available and is a light taupe with some khaki undertone. It matches my brow colour as well as my skin and hair tone perfectly well, making my brows look natural, yet well groomed. This product is not only waterproof, but also budgeproof. It lasts all day, until I decide to remove it with an oil-based remover.
This is one of the cream best brow products I've ever used.   

Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12

I never thought that this could be a dupe of Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe, but when taking pictures for this review I noticed some undeniable similarity between these two. 

Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe (left), Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12 (right)

First of all, as you can see, the shades are almost identical, it seems like the swatch on the right is more pigmented, but I think it's just a heavier swatch. They go on almost exactly the same. The only difference is that Dip Brow's consistency is a bit thicker, but it needs to be said that this product is older and might have gotten harder in time.
The size is obviously different, but even with Inglot being half the size of Anastasia, it's cheaper. And for Europeans it's more widely available.

I prefer Anastasia's drier texture as it gives me more control over the application, but I'm sure Inglot Brow Liner Gel will be just as good in a couple of months' time. 

All in all, I want to say that this is an excellent product. Go and grab it if you're looking for a good brow pomade or a cheaper alternative for more iconic products or perhaps more suitable shade. 

Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe (left), Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel #12 (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment