Wednesday 24 June 2015

Korean goodies: Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream review



When I got this Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream in my Memebox, there was so much negativity about the brand going on among Korean cosmetics fanatics that I seriously contemplated passing this cream on to somebody else, but then, first of all this was not the product the whole rage was about, and secondly, I thought it unfair to offer someone something I wouldn't use.

So, having waited for about half a year for emotions to cool down, I pulled this cream out of my Korean cosmetics drawer and gave it a go.
My impression is that it neither gave me a terrible allergic reaction or broke me out nor will be remembered as something worth returning to.

The reason why I buy my skincare from as far away as Korea is that I do firmly believe that it's simply better and also different from whatever I can get in my local drugstores. This Benton product is not bad, but it's a miss in both respects.

This cream makes countless claims, about which you can read below, which make it even more difficult to satisfy the user whose expectations are overblown after reading the description.


In my review I'm going to focus on my unprejudiced impressions of the cream after using the whole tube up. 

The first thing you notice is the consistency and the scent. 
The cream is a fairly thick, white substance that doesn't go on as smoothly as other creams do. It's meant to be fragrance -free and there's definitely no perfume added, but the result is that it lays all the chemicals bare and smells synthetic. 
The cream feels heavy at first, but after a short while it absorbs fully and feels sort of matte on my skin. I have oily skin and I can actually exist without face creams at all, so I didn't really mind, but I can't even make any reasonable guesses if drier skin types would find this moisturising at all. I've never tried this under make-up as this it takes too long to absorb, but at night time this starts feeling a bit tight for my liking.
I also expected something of a warming feeling because this product is called a 'steam cream', but nothing like that happened. 
As far as the results are concerned, I didn't notice any. My skin didn't feel more moisturised, plump, comforted, wrinkleless, smooth or whatever else. 

This is probably one of the most disappointing Korean creams I've used. There's nothing about the cream that would justify getting this from Korea  when Polish drugstores are full of better and cheaper products. The only things I liked about the cream were the cardboard packaging and decent English in the description, but that's not enough, is it?

2 comments:

  1. name "steam" means the special production method of this cream.

    ReplyDelete