Monday 8 June 2015

Korean goodies: Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm primer review


I bought this Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm after reading some enthusiastic reviews which claimed that this miraculously made pores disappear, matified and prolonged the wear time of foundation. The reviewers swore they had oily skin and it worked for them. Well, apparently they didn't. If you have really oily skin with large pores, nothing works for you in the long run, trust me.
I'm glad I bought a deluxe sample instead of a full-size product. I've almost used this up, but have no intention to repurchase. 


Let me start with the good. 
This primer comes in a little pot which looks like a minature of the full size product. It smells nice. I apply it with a buffing brush rather than my fingers and it blends in well, leaves my face feeling silky (read: silicony) smooth and matified. My pores also seem less visible. 
However, when I applied my foundation over it, I didn't notice that my skin was more perfected than without wearing a primer. Matte finish very much depended on the type of foundation I used, but one thing is certain, the primer didn't prevent me from getting oily within 2 hours or less, which is my normal time and it didn't prevent my foundation from melting, slipping or fading. 

This might work for normal skin types without the tendency to break out, but I personally didn't benefit from this primer in any way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. What a pity. :s
    I remember old raves about the Murad Oil Control Mattifier.. didn't do a thing for me. Recently I tried The Face Shop Oil Cut Pore Balm and my results are like what you say about this Lioele, also it didn't absorb entirely on my oily nose and foundation kinda gets more sheer and slides upon application, though just a tad.
    Hmh, primers aren't easy. Love the light green ones from Korea though for their lightness and color correction without darkening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I really like one green primer I got in a Memebox (review pending). It may not control oil, but it is lightweight and corrects the skin tone well.

      Delete